Quidel 20274 Sofia Strep A + FIA Test Kit CLIA Waived, 25/Kit
The Sofia Strep A+ Fluorescent Immunoassay (FIA) uses advanced immunofluorescence-based lateral-flow technology to detect Group A Streptococcal antigens from throat swabs of symptomatic patients.
The Quidel Sofia Strep A Test Kit rapidly and accurately detects Group A Streptococcal antigens from throat swabs using immunofluorescence-based lateral-flow technology, when used with the Sofia Analyzer.
Group A Streptococcus is a common cause of acute respiratory tract infection. Early detection and treatment reduces symptoms and prevents serious complications such as rheumatic fever and glomerulonephritis.
As an advanced Fluorescent Immunoassay (FIA), the Sofia Strep A Test Kit uses fluorescent microparticles to detect Group A Streptococcal antigens from throat swabs of symptomatic patients. When used together with the Sofia or Sofia 2 Analyzer, results can be read in as little as 5 minutes. It features a self-contained test cassette that is easy to use and dispose after testing. The fixed volume pipette collects and dispenses the exact amount of sample. All components are included in the kit and are ready to use with Sofia Analyzer. The room temperature storage ensures that the test can be run immediately as needed. No need for refrigeration and no waiting time for reagents to warm up. Shelf life is 24 months from date of manufacture.
Features & Benefits
- Results in 5 minutes: Fast time to results for truly rapid strep testing
- Self-contained test cassette: Clean, easy to use and dispose of
- Fixed-volume pipette: Collects and dispenses correct amount of sample needed for testing
- Objective result: Eliminates the subjectivity of a visual result
- All components included in kit: Ready to use with Sofia or Sofia 2, no need for additional equipment
- Room temperature storage: No refrigerator space needed. No need to wait for reagents to warm up. Rapid strep tests can be run immediately as needed.
- Sample type: Throat swab
- Time to results: 5 minutes
- Kit storage conditions: Room temperature (15°C to 30°C / 59°F to 86°F)
- Controls: Positive and negative
- Sensitivity: 93.7%
- Specificity: 94.4%
- Shelf life: 24 months from date of manufacture
- CLIA complexity: Waived
- Sofia Strep A Test Kit, 25 tests /kit, CLIA Moderate, for use with Sofia (20253)
- Sofia Strep A Test Kit, 25 tests /kit, CLIA Waived, for use with Sofia and Sofia 2 (20274)
- 1 Leased Analyzer, 1 Install Pack, 3 Strep A Kits, for use with Sofia (20280)
- 1 Leased Analyzer, 1 Install Pack, 3 Strep A Kits, for use with Sofia 2 (20321)