The OraSure Q.E.D. Saliva Alcohol test is a non invasive test. The test provides results in 2-5 minutes, reads like a thermometer,includes a built in quality control spot and offers a high correlation to blood alcohol. New stock! For in vitro diagnostic use. D.O.T. - Approved, FDA-Cleared and CLIA Waived. (FDA 510K#: K894001). All product has minimum 11-12 months shelf life.
The Q.E.D.® Saliva Alcohol test is a technological breakthrough that can be used as an accurate, quantitative measurement device for obtaining blood alcohol levels using a saliva sample. The test can reliably be used in place of blood, urine, or breath testing methods which require expensive equipment and operator training. Through a preset chemical reactive process that requires no user intervention, a color bar rises to the level of alcohol present in the system in much the same way as a mercury thermometer. In extensive clinical trials, saliva alcohol levels measured by the Q.E.D.® Saliva Alcohol test demonstrated a high correlation rate of 98% (r=0.98) to blood analyzed by sophisticated laboratory gas chromatography methods.
- Meets 2006 U.S. Coast Guard Maritime Requirements
- Non Invasive, Quantitative Results in 2-4 Minutes
- Interpretation like Reading a Thermometer
- Long Shelf Life of 10-12 Months
- Individually Sealed in Foil Envelope with Cotton Swabs
- Built-in Quality Control and Calibration
- U.S. DOT Approved for Testing and Evidence
- High Correlation (r=.098) to Blood Analysis results
- No Special Equipment or Training Required
- FDA-Cleared/CLIA Waived
Click to View: Q.E.D. A150 Product Instructions
Click to View: Q.E.D. A150 Saliva Alcohol Test Procedure & Troubleshooting
Click to View: Q.E.D. A150 Saliva Alcohol Test Flyer
Click to View: Q.E.D. A150 Saliva Test Alcohol Consumption Chart